Monday, July 7, 2008

Something Pink........

You all know that I am passionate about Breast Cancer Awareness because of my mom's battle with this disease. After mom's diagnosis, I purchased a breast cancer awareness braclet and wore it every day, day and night. I decided that I wanted something more permanent, so I searched and searched for the right design and finally found it! So, on June 14th, I got a tattoo! It's on my right leg, just above the ankle.



The pink ribbon is of course for Breast Cancer Awareness, and if you look closely, you will see a black ribbon behind the pink one.......that is in memory of my mom. The scroll work signifies the need to keep spreading awareness, and additionally, for me, the fact that life continues even after the loss of a loved one.



Thanks to Jerry at Atomic Tattoo in Wintersville, Ohio for his wonderful work. And thanks to Mike, for recommending Jerry!